14/11/14
I have developed on my first draft of my digipak by replacing the old photos with new photos of the new artist. I have added typography so that a rough idea is seen of what my digipak is intended to look like. The fonts that are used are only temporarily, as i have chosen the font style for the artist and album name on Dafont. However due to there being an issue in getting the fonts onto photoshop, for the time being, i am using photoshop fonts that are similar to the ones i have selected. The typography that will be used for the rest of the text, excluding the artist's name, will be very plain and simple as i don't want the type to be too fancy and clashing with the imagery. The artist's name will be fancy so that it is recognisable due to it being consistent in all her albums.
I also edited the photos of Poppy so that they are refined to give that finish photoshop look, which many artists do in their album covers and posters. I was also experimenting with the frames, cropping a range of sizes to see which looks better. I think the extreme close-up(last cropped shot) works really well due to it being a real close-up shot showing the artists emotions and feelings reflecting on her album(uncovered).
I think i need to experiment more with the colours. Maybe instead of pink being the main colour have something like turquoise or teal. I think more experiments need to be made with the typography colour too as i don't feel that it works too well. However, i am beginning to really like my digipak as it is starting to look professional and conventional of the pop genre. The ideas that are developing within the digipak is clearly shown due to the gradual development and improvements being made.





No comments:
Post a Comment