Monday, 10 November 2014

Digipak Plan

07/11/14

Today i started to create my first digipak draft. I did this by gathering all the photos we took from the first test shoot and selecting my favourite ones and the ones that i feel will follow the pop convention. I then downloaded a digipak template off the internet, opened it up on photoshop and started to construct my digipak by adding photos.

I have decided not to have my digipak consistent to the music video as through my digipak i want to show the artist being represented as a conventional pop artist. Through my digipak i want to show the artist as herself with bright colours and stylish clothes so that it is clear to the target audience of what type of genre this artist and album is based around. I also don't want to give away the narrative of the music video away to easily to the audience. By keeping the album simple will draw the audience into consuming it and finding out about the songs and their music videos. Although some artist have their album consistent to there music video, like Katy Perry, mine will not be.

Although none of these images will be part of my final digipak, due to the artist being changed, by creating this draft gave me a vague idea on what type of shots i want taken of the artist where and in what angle. I started off creating my cd  with an image of leaves but then developed it into having a rose which i cropped and brightened the tone. I think the rose cd works much better as it give that beautiful, girly pop vibe. I also feel that it will work really well along with the photos we will take of Poppy at Notting Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment