10/03/15
As Alex's performance was not right from the shoot Hayley and I did at Danson park, the group and I decided to do a re-shoot however this time making it seem like alive performance in the drama room using low key lighting. The Danson park shoot, we feel, didn't look right due to the scenery being out of place from the narrative and gallery shots. Also the costume she had on didn't quite illustrate the pop genre vibe however I feel that her hair being out and the wind blowing it onto her face created a great impact; connoted the sense of annoyance and aggressiveness reflecting upon her emotions and lyrics.
When doing our re-shoot in the drama room, we set up white studio lights so that the lighting is different from the lighting used in the ballet scenes. Alex's costume here was of Hayley's prom dress and her make-up was light to give that elegant natural beauty vibe. As Hayley and I liked the idea of Alex's hair blowing, we used a fan in some of the shots to create the build up of tension which is heard through the fast pace music towards the end. A prop of a micro-phone was also used to give the sense of the performance being sung live. When filming we used two cameras in which one was purely tripod based getting wide angles from each side and the other being hand-held getting the close-ups and mid-shots. We also used a crane to give a great impact to the part in the song where there is a high-pitch.
I think that some of the shots we got today were really good. Especially the ones where Alex was leaning on the wall as it gave that voyeuristic image of her which most pop music videos to to grab male attention as well female.



No comments:
Post a Comment