Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Poppy's singing reshoot

10/02/15
After school today Aaron and I went into the gallery and started getting the set ready, lighting and camera set up, so that we can do a reshoot of Poppy miming to the Battlefield song being Isabel Beau. We had to do a reshoot due to the incident before of the camera lens having a pale yellow filter. In today's shoot I, being the stylist, focused widely on the make-up and accessories making Poppy look like an actual pop star. The shoot went pretty well in the sense that the mise-en-scene element was fitting well and to what we imagined. When shooting this time round Aaron and I had decided to use two camera's when filming Poppy miming so that we get a range of shots in different angles; our initial idea was to use three cameras however due to the third not being available we stuck to using two.
Here are some of the shots we took:

Although everything went to plan I still think the scenes don't look good. It's not to do with the camera, lighting, costume or setting but i feel as if the performance is not as strong as we imagined and want it to be. Battlefield is a very emotional, aggressive at times, and affectionate song in which I don't think any of these adjectives are being expressed through the performance. Aaron and I discussed about this and decided to wait till tomorrow's lesson in which we will review over the footage taken and decide whether we need to re-cast or re-shoot talking to the whole group and Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment